Why Join CORK?
10. Trail Stewardship – CORK supports numerous trails throughout Central Oregon through trail work parties and general maintenance. CORK is a steward for the Deschutes River Trail (Meadow Camp to Benham Falls), North Fork/ Tumalo Creek Trail, and the Green Lakes trail – to name a few. CORK member dues and other fundraising events go to help support our trail stewardship program, and volunteer work parties provide the sweat equity to keep some of our favorite trails in prime running condition.
9. Scholarships – CORK awards two High School Scholarships each year to a deserving Bend-La Pine senior student athlete. Students compete based on academics, XC and/or track and field participation, volunteer work, and other extra curricular activities. In the past few years, several thousand dollars have been provided for college educations.
8. Creative New Events – Each year CORK identifies and sponsors new running events. Recent examples include the adult cross country series, Skyline Forest run, and Dirt and Doughnut events.
7. CORK Youth Track and Field – CORK Youth Track and field is a developmental program geared towards helping kids prepare for the USATF Track and Field Junior Olympic program. Staffed by outstanding volunteer coaches, the environment is fun and supportive, helping kids learn the essentials of competing in track and field events.
6. CORK Youth Cross Country – CORK Youth Cross Country, just as above, helps prepare our Central Oregon kids to compete in the USATF Junior Olympics Cross Country program. Ranging in age from 5 – 16, these kids have a blast!
5. CORK Littlefoot _ Geared towards our youngest members, the LittleFoot programs develop a love of movement and running through games and other running related fun.
4. Non-Profit Support – Each year CORK helps to raise thousands of dollars in funds to support other non-profit organizations. CORK plays a major role in staffing the Heaven Can Wait 5K (funding cancer treatment) and hosting the Bigfoot 10K (funding local high school XC programs). It is great to see members of our non-profit out volunteering their time to put on events benefiting others. One more way CORK members improve our community.
3. Benefits – Everyone loves a discount. A few of our awesome local retailers do their part to support our running community, providing an ongoing discount to CORK members.
FootZone – 10% off purchase
Picky Bars – 20% off products and first month subscription of the Picky Club use coupon code: corkmember
Bend Bikram Yoga– $15 for 15 consecutive days, if signup occurs after 15 days a discounted rate of $79 per month applies
Max King Trail Running Camp– $50 off adult trail running camp, use code “cork2017”
Mark DeJohn– $25 off for initial consult, $15 off for follow-up appointments
Recharge– 10% off Memberships, as well as Massage and Personal Training appointments
Stephanie Howe Violett -10% discount for monthly coaching or nutrition plan, 3-month minimum required
Tumalo Coffee Roasters -$1.00 off a lb of coffee. online orders only
The Bombsquad -50% off one month of service (does not include Initial Clean Up Fee)
Travel iN Fitness– 25% off 1st month of strength and running coaching
WebCyclery/WebSki– 10% discount. Excludes complete bikes, labor and sale items.
2. Support local running community – Not much more to say here. You love to run. You love other runners. Help make our running community better by committing to be a part of it. Supporting our trails, scholarships, youth programs, non-profits, new events…hard to resist that list we think!
1. Social/Fun – Last but not least…CORK is fun!!!! We have great people, cool socials and running events (holiday party, Hot Chocolate Runs, summer party, etc), and create one more element of community in this incredible part of Central Oregon. Come join the fun!
Adult: $20/year. Spouse/significant other: additional $5/year
Youth: $30/session (Fall, Spring) per athlete